Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wedding of the Millenimum

Kate and Will. Prince William and Kate Middleton. William and Katherine. Kate and William. The Prince and his Princess. Such a fairytale story! But does it need to be this publicized? For real, there are a billion blogs out there about the wedding, a million more about her dress, 500,000 about the guest list, over 6 trillion about how they first met, and 1 about how overplayed it all is. Wanna know who's blog that is? Mine.


Now before you read on, you should know that I am a MAJOR royality/ monarchy/ European/ Ruling family, fan. MAJOR fan. I love all the history and drama behind each marriage and how it effects historical events. I know, history nerd alert. So when I heard that Prince William proposed to Kate Middleton, I was estatic! My friends and I would e-mail each other different links and sites dealing with the upcomming wedding; daydreaming about replacing Kate and marrying William all for ourselves.

But more recently, I've been comming across less and less about the genuine wedding and event and more about the commercial aspect of the big day on April 29. Souviner plates? Mugs with Kate and William on them? Stamps? Already?? Let's wait until AFTER she becomes a princess to dolly up all of London's currecny with her face! Understandably, the past few months have been undoubtably remarkable for the marketing buisness in Britain, but do we all really need to own a t-shirt with Kate and William on it?

Can't we just celebrate the love between two people? Regardless of social standings? I also do recognize that since the wedding of William's father to Diana, his wedding to Kate will be the next biggest thing. Just, lay off the tacky key-chains, kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment