Monday, December 20, 2010

MY Current Events- LA, California Part 1

This week i'm going to be taking a quick break from all the excitment the world has to offer and narrowing it down to what LA and San Diego bring to the table.

I left to go to the Des Moines International Airport for their 6 A.M. flight to Denver, Colordao in hopes of making it to LA, California last saturday. Now for those of you who have flown with me, namely an sswimming indian and a curly-haired runner, you know that me + planes = MOTION SICKNESS. So as I was distracted in preparing for the worst and praying that my plane wouldn't crash or that I would get pulled over by the TSA fro being Middle Eastern, I didn't take my motion sickness pills. gasp.

So as the capitan announces that we will be having a smooth and fast one hour and 30 min flight,i begin to think, "phew. this won't be so bad! My medicine....s***." Of course I didn't take it. So as the plane prepares to acend -the WORST part of flights in general, hands down- I begin thinking happy thoughts and start humming Bruno Mars's Grenade in hopes of keeping me distracted.

Low and behold, I woke up an hour into the flight, wondering where I was, what had happened, and why I wasn't covered in puke. I DIDN'T GET SICK!!!! I DIDN'T GET SICK WITHOUT TAKING MEDICINE!!!! oh wow was i surprised.

The same occurance occured on my second flight from denver to LAX, and boy was it a blissful two hour flight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment